FOOTWORK ALL-STAR ELITE COMPETITION TEAM
You have been chosen to become a member of the Nationally Ranked Footwork All-Star Elite Competition Team 2017. You were selected based upon interviews by your dance instructors and Elite coaches, technique in class, past performances focusing on your hard work, determination, energy, and presence on stage, and commitment.
During the 2016-2017 season, Footwork All-Star Elite Dance earned awards in all their competitions.
· 1st place in the Junior Open (Jazz) and Pom divisions at The One Finals earning coveted rings
· Best Dance and Choreography (Lyrical) at MCDA Cheer and Dance Nationals
· 1st place in Junior Prep Open and Junior Pom at Nation’s Choice Midwest Championships
The purpose of the elite team will be to explore dance in a team environment, provide an outlet for dancers to participate in meaningful activity, and increase self-esteem. This is a competition team. Dancers will grow in performance skills, talent, confidence, and overall dance experience.
Being a member is an honor and privilege. You have been chosen to represent the studio in a national competitive atmosphere. You will be given the opportunity to:
· Perform in a team atmosphere
· Attend bi-monthly Sunday rehearsals (weekly during competition season)
· Take part in master classes
· Go to UDA home camp
· Work with guest choreographers
· Participate in at least 5 competitions
· Dance at 2-3 performances and parades.
You will be recognized as an Elite Dancer in the dance community. As a member you will agree to attend 1 summer dance class in order to prepare for the competition season and UDA home camp.
Involvement will be a commitment. You will be willing to commit to 3 classes (Jazz/Lyrical, your choice, Poms Class) and 1 ¼ hour Elite Weekly choreography after Poms class. This does not interfere with Footwork or Tap Ensemble and you are able to participate in both.