Main Studio Office – 1500 Walker Street, 2nd Floor
Studio I and Studio II – 1500 Walker Street, 2nd Floor
Studio III and Studio IV – located at 4211 Grand Avenue, Western Springs,
Studio III on 2nd Floor; Studio IV in lower level.
TEEN/ADULT CLASS LEVELS
Beginning, Continuing, Continuing/Intermediate, Intermediate, Intermediate/Advanced, and Advanced are specific graduated dance levels determined by experience and ability. Advanced classes are limited to students who meet the class requirements and maintain consistency in attendance.
Grades specified are school grades entered September 2019. Tots & Preschoolers must be age specified by 9/01/19 - COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE REQUIRED. CHILDREN'S CLASS LEVELS: Levels I, IIA, IIB, IIC, III, IV and V are specific graduated dance levels determined by experience and ability
2019-2020 Change Of Class Or Not Continuing Class Policy
In order to avoid incorrect payment/charges, if your student is not continuing with a class at the end of a session, or there will be a change of class, you must email the Studio Office directly with details of the change:
●TEN DAYS prior to the end of the then current class session and no later than
October 25, 2019, January 17, 2020, and March 27, 2020, at
JOSFOOTWORK@GMAIL.COM alerting the studio.
●Failure to advise the studio in writing, and the subsequent charging, there will be a $25 administration fee charged
●There are no refunds, credits or transfers of any fees.
●ABSCENCES. No refunds or credits for absences. Any/All absence(s) may be made up (at parent option) by attending a class of equal or higher level or another class during a session only. Studio Office must be called (708) 246-6878 to permit attendance in another class.
Instructors reserve the right to place all students in their proper class level and to move student to a lower level or removal from class due to excessive absences. INSTRUCTORS NOTED IN SCHEDULE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
REFUND POLICY 2019-2020 Dance Season
●Registration fees and Costume fees are not refundable.
●You will receive a full tuition (not registration) refund IF drop occurs
Prior to the beginning of a session
(09/01/19; 11/03/19; 01/26/20; 04/05/20).
●50% refund of tuition only IF drop occurs on or before
(Session I) Saturday 9/07/19;
(Session II) on or before Sat. 11/09/20;
(Session III) on or before Saturday 02/01/20;
(Session IV) on or before Saturday 4/11/20.
●No refunds after 1st week of each session.
●$25 administration charge for late drop.
●Returned checks have a $30 fee.
All families required to recurring billing via credit card on file for future billing.
JDRESS ATTIRE REQUIREMENTS FOR 2019-2020 DANCE SEASON
● Jeans, street clothes or outer clothing NOT ALLOWED IN ANY CLASS. Proper dance shoes MUST be worn on dance floors (dancing in stocking feet is strictly prohibited). Leave all jewelry at home; wearing any jewelry is not acceptable. Gum, food, and/or drinks ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE STUDIOS.
●EVERY FEMALE STUDENT, 1ST GRADE AND OLDER, MUST own & wear a BLACK LEOTARD (Tank or camisole) as part of their dress attire FOR all classes EXCEPT ballet (which requires certain colored leotards). Students may be REQUIRED to buy other leotards for costume(s).
●TWINKLE STARS – (Twinkle Babies, Pre (ages 2 & 3), Twinkle ages 4 and 5 (and Kindergarten) Pink Twinkle Star Ensemble = twinkle leotard, Sparkle The Bear with stitched skirt (order thru studio), light pink tights; pink ballet shoes (and black patent leather tap shoes for combo class); hair must always be pinned back and up.
● Mommy & Me – clothing that allows movement-like leggings, & tennis shoes or “walkers.”)
●TOP HATS & TAILS (boys only) = Boys wear black jazz pants and white t-shirts; black ballet shoes/black patent leather tap shoes, & purchase at studio – Ted Tuxedo bear.
●KINDER – JAZZ/TAP = Black Leo. With Black Jazz Pants OR Black Spandex Shorts with tan tights, Black Jazz shoes & Black Patent leather tap shoes.
●MINI JAZZ/POM JAZZ - Black Leotard. With Black Jazz Pants OR Black Spandex Shorts with tan tights, or black Capri, and TAN pull-on Jazz Shoes
● BALLET CLASSES REQUIRE SPECIFIC LEOTARD COLOR:
*Ballet I thru Ballet IIA = Light Blue Leo ( purchased thru studio), tank type, pink tights, full sole pink ballet shoes.
*Ballet IIB/C – III - thru Ballet IV = Lavender (thru studio), tank or camisole, pink tights, pink ballet shoes (either split sole or full sole – canvas or leather)
*Beginning Ballet (teen/adult) thru Continuing B Ballet = Burgundy Leo (purchased thru studio), tank or camisole, pink tights, pink ballet shoes (either split sole or full sole – canvas or leather).
*Continuing/Intermediate thru Intermediate/Advanced Ballet = Navy Blue (purchased thru studio), tank or camisole, pink tights, pink ballet shoes (either split sole or full sole – canvas or leather).
*Pointe Classes (dancer to wear designated Ballet Class Leotard).
*All ballet classes = hair must always be pinned back and up.
*Cecchetti classes – refer to Ms. Jackie requirements.
*TIGHTS for Ballet = Footless Tights Are Not Allowed For Any Ballet Class; Only Footed Or Convertible To Be Used
*Boys/Men wear black sweats or jazz pants, or black spandex shorts, white t-shirts and black ballet shoes.
● JAZZ & LYRICAL: Black Leotard. with Black Jazz Pants OR Black Leggings OR black Spandex Shorts with tan tights; Tan Pull-on Jazz Shoes ~ NO JAZZ SNEAKERS ~ hair must always be pinned back or in ponytail. Note: Continuing Jazz Level and above and Lyrical may be required to purchase ½ ballet shoe, REFER TO INSTRUCTOR.
●JR HIP HOP: Hippity Hop, Jr. HipHop I & II ~ grades 2nd – 4th = Black Leotard. With either BLACK jazz pants OR black Capri OR black spandex dance shorts with tan tights. BOYS – black jazz pants, white t-shirt. SHOES – Personal gym shoes, if only used for dance, are acceptable. Girls: hair must always be pinned back or in ponytail. (Personal gym shoes are to be used only for dance class and may not be worn outside) Black jazz sneakers, if desired, are available at Studio Office.
●HIP HOP (5th Grade & Older): = Black leotard. With BLACK jazz pants, OR black leggings OR black spandex dance shorts with tan tights & Personal Gym shoes (IF only used for dance); hair must always be pinned back or in ponytail. (Jazz & Cargo pants available for purchase at Studio Office.) BOYS - BLACK jazz pants or black Yoga pants, White T-shirt, & Personal Gym shoes (IF only used for dance). (Personal gym shoes are to be used only for dance class and may not be worn outside) Black jazz sneakers, if desired, are available at Studio Office.
● TAP - Unless coming from a ballet class (or in a Twinkle combo class), BLACK leotard. With BLACK jazz pants OR black Leggins OR; Dance shorts (spandex type only & black only – no color bands -with tan tights. Black tap shoes (Patent leather tap shoes for Twinkle Stars through 3rd grade; Black Oxford Leather tap for 4th grade Black; Black Oxford full sole, hard shell Tap shoe for 5th grade and older). No high-heeled tap shoes; hair must always be pinned back or in ponytail. Men/Boys wear black jazz pants and white t-shirts; black tap oxfords.
● CONTEMPORARY MODERN: BLACK leotards, footless Capri suntan tights (and BLACK spandex dance shorts at student discretion) ~ No shoes; hair must always be in bun.
● POMDANCE (& Tiny Poms): Black Leo, black leggings or spandex shorts w/tan tights, tan jazz shoes (pull on type) hair must always be pinned back or in ponytail.
● TUMBLING//CONDITIONING. Black Leotard, Black Leggings, Black Dance Spandex Type shorts OR Black Leotard, Footless Tan Tights, Black Spandex Dance Shorts. Dance Shoes NOT required – at dancer discretion.
FAILURE TO DRESS PROPERLY FOR CLASS COULD AFFECT YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE OR YOU MAY BE SENT HOME